Kick-off meeting for Core-to-Core Research Program
JSPS Core-to-Core Research Program “Advanced Research Networks”
“A Consortium to Exploit Spin Chirality in Advanced Materials”
EPSRC-JSPS Core-to-Core Collaboration
“A Consortium to Exploit Photon and Electron Chirality in Advanced Materials”
Here is some information on possible hotels. We've included the postcode in each case, so that the location can be found on google maps. In many cases, booking through Trivago is the cheapest option. Let us know if you need something more or different. If you find an alternative then we are also happy to give an opinion before you book.
1. Lorne Hotel http://www.lornehotelglasgow.com/
Glasgow G3 7TW
Offer a discounted price of £75 per person per night (including breakfast);
The 'discount' will be available when booking by telephone and stating that the rate has been agreed with Glasgow University. The advantage of the Lorne is that it is 10-15 minutes walk from the University.
2. The Sandyford Lodge http://www.sandyfordlodge.com/
Glasgow G3 7SL
A small, independent 'bed and breakfast' hotel very close to the Lorne hotel. It does not have sufficient capacity for everyone but does offer the same proximity to the University.
3. Belhaven Hotel http://www.belhavenhotel.com/
Glasgow G12 0TG
Traditional Glasgow West End Hotel with an intimate 18-room restored Victorian townhouse.
4. Ambassador Hotel http://www.glasgowhotelsandapartments.co.uk/ambassador/index.htm
Glasgow G20 8QG
City Center Hotels
5. The Park Inn http://www.parkinn.co.uk/hotel-glasgow
Glasgow G1 4PA
Reasonable chain hotel in the city centre. Trivago have offers around £71 at present. This hotel is right in the city centre and so very close to transport links, including the subway (which would be the easiest journey to the University). In nice weather, the walk to the University is pleasant and takes ~30 minutes.
6. Premier Inn, Buchanan Galleries http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/GLASTA/glasgow-city-centre-buchanan-galleries
Glasgow G1 2RN
7. Premier Inn, Glasgow City Centre http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/GLACIT/glasgow-city-centre-george-square
Glasgow G1 1YU
An alternative chain hotel in the city centre, again with reasonable pricing and excellent proximity to transport links, including to the University.
Budget Hostels for Students
8. Eurohostel Glasgow http://www.euro-hostels.co.uk/glasgow
Glasgow G1 4NR
Shared dormitary accommodation from £20 per person per night; basic private rooms also available. Located in the city centre and within 5 minutes walk of the subway.
9. Scottish Youth Hostel Association https://www.syha.org.uk/
Glasgow G3 6BY
Shared dormitory accommodation in a great location, within 10 minutes' walk of the University.
10. Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-glasgow-grosvenor-GLAGRHN/index.html
Glasgow G12 0TA
More luxurious hotel within 10 minutes walk of the University.